UNICEF Aotearoa Donor Promise
Supporters are at the heart of everything UNICEF Aotearoa New Zealand does. With your help UNICEF can reach millions of children in danger and in need every year. Your kind donations and support make a huge difference. We strive to provide the best possible experience for our supporters. This is what you can expect as a UNICEF Aotearoa supporter.
Kotahitanga – we are honest and open
- In all our messaging our philosophy is to represent accurately the experiences of the children and families we help.
- We are committed to transparency – details about our fundraising activities are displayed on our website and in our Annual Report.
- We are happy to answer your questions about our fundraising because we believe every supporter has the right to know how their donations are being used.
Rangatiratanga – we are accountable and committed to high standards
- We are members of the Public Fundraising Regulatory Association (PFRA). As members, we follow their fundraising Code of Conduct.
- We do not share your details with any other charities or to third parties for their own purposes.
- We comply with the law, including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
- If you have any questions or concerns with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, please contact us. We have a complaint procedure, a copy of which is available on our website. If we cannot resolve your complaint, we will support you to make your complaint to PFRA (022 061 3643) [email protected]
Aroha atu – we are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and the children and families you help to support.
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause distress or offence.
- We will not put pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If we contact you by phone at the start of the call we will always check you are happy to talk. If you no longer wish to receive calls from us you just need to let us know.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
If you have questions, our Supporter Care team is available in person over the phone or by sending us a message. Simply contact us via email ([email protected]), phone (0800 243 575 (NZ Only) or (+64) (04) 815 9370)) or post, to tell us you no longer wish to receive communications.