Terms and Conditions for the UNICEF Aotearoa New Zealand Websites
These Terms and Conditions apply to the entire content of our websites and to any correspondence by email between us and you.Last updated on July 27th 2021
By accessing and using www.unicef.org.nz, UNICEF Aotearoa subdomains, or our social media sites, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of use (the Terms). If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not use the Website or our social media sites (the Website/s).
We may from time to time alter or modify the Terms and will notify you of this by updating the “last updated date” in these Terms. Please check these Terms on each occasion you use the Website/s or place a donation or an order with us. By continuing to access and use the Website/s, you agree to be bound by the amended Terms.
If you are under 18, be sure to get a parent or guardian to read through these Terms and to discuss them with you.
If you do not accept these Terms (note in particular terms 8 and 9) please don’t use or order from the Website/s. If you visit or use the Website/s and/or place any orders with us you will be bound by these Terms, and they will form a contract between you and us.
Some parts of the Website/s may also contain additional rules which apply in addition to these Terms.
1. Using the Website/s
You agree to only use the Website/s in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations and is consistent with these Terms and does not infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of our sites (including, without limitation, by hacking). We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny any user access to our website without prior notice.
Without limiting the paragraph above, you agree that you will not:
- Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Website/s or while accessing or in the Website/s conduct yourself in a manner that will or is reasonably likely to negatively affect the Website/s or other Users;
- Attempt to modify, reverse engineer or reverse-assemble any part of the Website/s;
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to any Restricted Section of the Website/s through password mining or any other means; or
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations
You must not post or transmit to the Website/s any material:
- that is knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, liable to incite racial hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person’s privacy;
- which you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data); or
- that impersonates any person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with anyone or any entity.
If you post or transmit to the Website/s any material of the type prohibited under terms above and we incur any costs, expenses, liability or losses as a result then you agree to indemnify us for all such costs, expenses, liability or losses.
If you post or transmit any material to the Website/s:
- you grant us the right to use, reproduce, modify and publish such material elsewhere in our Website/s and publications;
- you grant us the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content; and
- we shall be entitled to reveal your identity (or any information which we have about you) to any third party who is claiming that any of that material violates any of their rights or to any government or regulatory authority that is entitled to require us to do so.
We may remove or edit any material or posting you make on any of our Website/s at any time.
2. Personal information
We collect, store, and use information about you when you use the Website/s. For example, to donate using the Website/s, or to take part in some other activities, you will need to provide us with some personal information.
The information you provide us must be for a single user only. Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete. Please also inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you have provided to us.
A note on Internet Protocol addresses
Web servers automatically collect certain information about a visit to a website, including the visitor’s Internet Protocol (IP) address. IP addresses are unique numbers assigned by Internet Service Providers to all devices used to access the Internet. Webservers automatically log the IP addresses of visitors to their sites. The IP address, on its own, may not identify an individual. However, in certain circumstances, it could be used to identify an individual using the site. For this reason we consider the IP address to be personal information, particularly when combined with other data automatically collected when a visitor requests a webpage.
3. Digital markers
4. Web analytics
5. Social media
Our use of social media serves as an extension of our web presence. Social media accounts are public and are not hosted on our servers. Users who choose to interact with us via social media should read the terms of service and privacy policies of these third-party service providers and those of any applications you use to access them. You should also read our social media policies and notices. We use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube and Instagram.
Personal information that you provide us via social media is collected to capture conversations between us, for example questions, answers and comments. Your personal information may be used to respond to inquiries or for statistical, evaluation or reporting purposes.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights on the Website/s and all photographs, footage, designs, images, text, software, data and other material or generated by the Website/s are owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use the Website/s and this material only as expressly authorised by us.
You are permitted to print and download extracts from the Website/s for your personal non-commercial use and for private study or teaching purposes, provided in each case that:
- copyright and source indications are also printed and copied;
- no modifications are made to the materials and they are not used as part of any other publication;
- any document is printed and copied entirely and is not used in a derogatory or misleading context; and
- the material is not used in a manner which may damage our reputation or otherwise be harmful to us or impair our ability to achieve our charitable objects.
No other use of material in our Website/s may be made without first obtaining our written permission. In particular, you must not do the following unless you have first obtained our written permission:-
- incorporate any material from our sites in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic form; or
- Make any commercial use or publication of any material on our sites (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the sites in the course of business).
The photographic, text and other graphic images within any products or publications supplied to you as a result of any request from you are copyright works and none of them may be copied, reproduced, licensed or otherwise exploited.
The UNICEF name and logo are protected under the Paris Convention. Other logos and names used on our sites may be trademarks of UNICEF or their respective owners. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any such trademarks, names or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
If you wish to use any material from any of our sites other than in accordance with terms above, please email your request to [email protected].
Whilst we encourage our supporters to campaign on the issues referred to on our Website/s, please do not imply that you are taking action on behalf of UNICEF and in particular do not state that UNICEF is taking, or proposes or is considering taking, action against individuals or organisations, for example, a boycott of a company’s products.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
The information provided in the Website/s is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. While we endeavour to ensure that the information on the Website/s is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of that information. The material on the Website/s may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material. We may make changes to the material on the Website/s at any time without notice.
We take every reasonable care to ensure that all donations and subsequent transactions are conducted via a secure link. However, the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed and, as we are not responsible for the operation of the secure link we will not, unless we are negligent, be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any information you provide.
We do not warrant that the functions contained in the Website/s will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that our sites or the servers that make them available are free of viruses or bugs or represent full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
We will not be liable for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system or any other damages (including amongst other losses, loss of profit or loss of use) arising out of your use or delay or inability to use our sites, their content or any link to another website arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
We do not limit in any way our liability by law for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of statutory duty or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using our site; loss or damage was not caused by any breach by us, our employees or agents; or loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure).
Our sites may contain links to third party websites. Such links are provided for your convenience only. We do not necessarily control such websites and are not responsible for their contents. The mere inclusion of such links does not imply any endorsement of the material on those websites or any association with their operators. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to or from our websites, you do so entirely at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
If you wish to link from your website to any pages of our sites you may do so only on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the website page, and subject to the following conditions:
- The linking text must simply consist of the website address;
- You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any logos on our sites;
- You do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services;
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us;
- You do not otherwise use any UNICEF trademarks displayed on our sites without our express written permission;
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- Your website does not contain content that is distasteful, pornographic, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
At any time and at our complete discretion we reserve the right to withdraw the permission to make website links to our Website/s.
Our payments are securely handled by Payment Express and Stripe (payment provider). No credit card data ever touches our servers. It is directly handed off to their servers, which are dedicated to storing your sensitive data on PCI-compliant servers.
We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We cannot accept payment by cheque for orders made via the internet.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
These Terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. For more information about your statutory rights visit consumer.org.nz.
11. Events beyond our control
We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivering any services or order or for breach of our obligations, if the delay or breach is due to acts of God, civil commotion, riots, malicious damage, floods, drought, fire, legislation, failure of ISP or telecommunications provider or any other cause beyond our reasonable control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
12. Law, courts and language
These Terms, use of the Website/s and the supply of products and services by us are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with New Zealand law. In the event of any dispute arising in relation to these Terms, use of the Website/s or in relation to the supply of any products or services by us the New Zealand courts will have jurisdiction over the dispute. These Terms and the Website/s are provided in the English language only.
If any provisions of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any country which apply to these Terms, then so far as these Terms apply within that country in which those provisions are illegal, invalid or unenforceable those provisions shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
If you breach these Terms and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
If you have a complaint about any content on any of our websites please notify us immediately by emailing us at [email protected] providing your name, company or organisation name if relevant, contact details (including a postal address, telephone number and email); details of the exact content you are complaining about and details of why you are complaining about that content; and confirmation from you that the information you have provided is accurate, complete and not misleading.
Please note that no action can be taken without this information.
Got a question?
UNICEF NZ helps save and protect the world's most vulnerable children