'LIVING IN HARMONY- WITH EACH OTHER AND OUR PLANET'
Youth Congress is now an annual event which brings young people from all over New Zealand together for a weekend workshop of learning, networking and brainstorming around enacting positive change in society.
The 2015 Youth Congress is all about empowering NZ youth in their role as global citizens at local, national and global levels, and how global citizenship is integral to realising the Sustainable Development Goals.
Congress in 2015 will take place from the 10th-12th July at Tapu Te Ranga Marae, in Wellington. This year's Youth Congress will see around 55 young people from around New Zealand come together to explore this concept of global citizenship.
Applications to be part of UNICEF New Zealand Youth Congress 2015 are now closed and all places are filled!
UP FOR IT?
- Are you passionate about the rights of children in NZ and abroad?
- Are you curious about the world you live in and feel the need to comment on it and take action?
- Are you interested in global and national issues like poverty, child wellbeing and youth participation?
- Do you believe that it’s important for young people to be engaged and take action?
If you answered yes to these questions and you are aged 15-20 and based in New Zealand then you may be the person we are looking for!
HOW DO I APPLY?
For your chance to attend the UNICEF Youth Congress 2015 you will need to submit a completed application pack.
- Click here to download an application pack (DOCX, 58.7 KB)
- Send your completed application* pack by 12pm Friday 15th May 2015by email to email@example.com, or by post to UNICEF NZ, PO Box 10459, The Terrace, Wellington
- In order to apply you must get permission from your parent/guardian to support your application. Please see the permission form provided.
- Please ensure to supply contact details including a phone number and email address.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by UNICEF to confirm their participation in the congress
- Selected participants of the congress will need to fundraise for their travel costs to and from Wellington Airport and pay a non-refundable $25 commitment fee. All other expenses will be paid for.
- By submitting an application, you give us permission to contact you about similar opportunities.
- The closing date for application packs to be received is 12pm Friday 15th May 2015
*Incomplete and late applications cannot be considered
If you have any questions, please contact Jacqui Southey, Child Rights Education and Youth Participation Manager, at UNICEF NZ on freephone 0800 243 5750800 243 575 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.