About this appeal
We've done it!
After a gruelling 24 hours, 1598 successful kicks, and thousands of dollars raised - the final whistle has blown on Dan Carter’s Kickathon for 2022.
In this first of its kind fundraising event, former All Black Dan Carter pushed himself to the absolute limit kicking goals for 24 hrs straight at Eden Park. There's still time to donate to show your support for Dan's incredible achievement and raise as much money as possible for UNICEF’s WASH programmes for kids in the Pacific.
What is the Kickathon?
WASH: Supporting Children in the Pacific
Across the Pacific, water and sanitation-related diseases are one of the leading causes of death for children under five. Funds raised during the Kickathon will help UNICEF continue our life changing projects designed to provide disaster-resilient clean water and sanitation to children and communities in Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and Kiribati.
Issues in the Pacific
- 1 in 10 kids in the Pacific don’t even have access to safe drinking water.
- A third of children in the Pacific don’t have access to good sanitation.
- Kids there are getting really sick, missing out on school and falling behind or dropping out altogether.
Solutions in the Pacific
UNICEF’s approach is to strengthen national systems and capacity through a mix of community based-activities and collecting evidence to advocate for equitable investments in children.
- Construction of disaster resilient water and sanitation facilities for communities, schools and health centres.
- Empowering and training local Pasifika communities on the use and maintenance of water facilities.
- Liaising with governments in the Pacific to strengthen national legal systems and policies for water, sanitation and hygiene.