It’s fantastic that you're interested in fundraising for children. Did you know that UNICEF receives no funding from the UN and relies a 100% on voluntary contributions from people like you?
So no matter how big or small, your fundraising can make a huge impact on the lives of children all around the world. Fundraising can be great fun and rewarding. Here's some info to help you get started:
Take a look at our inspirational ideas and A-Z of fundraising events to get your creative juices flowing.
Have an idea but not sure how to proceed? Here're a few helpful tips to get you going and ideas on how to make your own donation box.
Setup your own Fundraising Page
With your very own fundraising page, you can collect donations online - not just at your event! This means that people who can't attend your event can still donate. And it means that you can collect funds before and after the big day!
- Visit www.givealittle.co.nz
- Create your own personalised page by clicking on 'start fundraising'
- Choose a UNICEF project you'd like to fundraise for, e.g. Syria Children's Crisis or General Fund.The money you raise will go towards the project you select
- Personalise your page by uploading photos and adding a bit about yourself
- Share the link to your page on your facebook page, on twitter, add it to your email signature...the more people you tell, the better.
- It's safe and secure for people to donate on your fundraising page.
Spread the Word
The local media can help make your event a great success. Look at our media and publicity guide for tips and tricks.
Ask for Help
We are happy to help you make your event a success. We can provide you with some of the following bits and pieces to support you in your event:
- Pictures for your donation box
- A UNICEF fundraising logo
- Pictures/posters for you to promote your event (or look on our website or facebook page)
- Sponsorship forms
- Template press release
- Videos and PowerPoints to show at your event
- Official UNICEF collector lanyards
- Plastic bags for coin collections.
Donating your funds
There are two key ways to do this:
- Transfer the funds UNICEF NZ’s bank account.
Bank: ANZ National Bank of New Zealand Ltd.
Account Number: 01-0505-0463764-00
Account Name: UNICEF NZ
Particulars: FR 'Your Name'
Email email@example.com to let us know the date you submit your fundraising and what appeal you want your money to go to (e.g. Syria Children's Crisis).
- Write a cheque to UNICEF NZ and post it to us. Remember to include a note saying what appeal you want your money to go to, and how you fundraised.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you - so please share your experiences and photos with us.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 243 575 to let us know what you're up to.