17th July 2013 Posted in: Emergencies
The initial response to yesterday’s appeal has already saved countless lives, but the need is huge. We are committed to doing whatever it takes to save these children.
- 3 million impacted.
- Casualties estimate high, over 100,000 dead.
- Tens of thousands more injured.
- Immediate needs [without more of the following, casualties will skyrocket, especially children]: emergency medical supplies and temporary facilities, safe water, nutrition packets, temporary shelter systems.
- Children separated from families exceed existing temporary shelters. Many are roaming in debris, injured, at risk of greater injury or death.
- Electricity not available. Widespread structural damage. Shanty towns leveled. Local Government desperately needs help to respond to the crisis.