Sahel Child Food Crisis
Donate now to save a child like AllanseWhen we first met Allanse, he was extremely frail and his mother was desperately worried about him. She couldn't feed him properly because their livestock had died, and drought and a locust swarm have killed the crops.
Thankfully, his mum brought Allanse to a UNICEF health centre. Straightaway, the carers started treating Allanse with special emergency food.
This treatment is simple and life-saving. Allanse is putting on weight and becoming healthier every day. It's also incredibly cost-effective:
- $15 feeds a child for a week.
- $30 feeds a child for 2 weeks
- $100 saves a child from severe malnutrition.
Please donate today to save a hungry child's life.
How your donation will helpYour support today will help UNICEF to:
- Feed hungry children special emergency food
- Encourage new mums to breastfeed their babies, giving them the best nutrition
- Teach children to wash their hands with soap, so stop them getting sick and weak with diarrhoea
- Build health centres so parents can get their sick children treated.