Click images to enlarge
Payroll Givers help provide school supplies, train teachers, and make schools safe and child-friendly, giving the gift of education.
Payroll Giving is a great and simple way for employees to donate to UNICEF through their pay.
Through Payroll Giving, you can help make the world a better place for children.
The benefitsFor employees
- You receive an immediate tax credit: if you make a $15 payroll donation, it will only cost you $10 as you get a third back in tax straight away. UNICEF will receive $15!
- It's flexible; you can increase, decrease or suspend your donations at any time.
- It's a great way to build employee morale.
- It shows corporate social responsibility.
- It's an extremely efficient type of funding, with low administrative costs. This means more goes to children in need.
Creating a better world for childrenDonations go where the need is most urgent. As a caring and committed partner of UNICEF, your gift will improve the lives of the most vulnerable children in the world. Payroll Givers have helped Shamima and her village in Bangladesh access clean water, and have provided school supplies to Muhammed and his classmates in Syria.
A little goes a long wayNo matter the amount, all Payroll Giving donations are put to the best use:
- $15 provides 20 packets of high-energy biscuits for malnourished children.
- $33 provides 5 story books, fueling kids' intellect and imagination.
- $75 provides surgical equipment to a hospital.
- $99 provides 9 nets to protect against malaria, a disease that can be fatal.
How does payroll giving work?Your business can start Payroll Giving right now*. Simply follow these steps:
- Tell your employees about Payroll Giving; raise the idea at a staff meeting, invite UNICEF to present, or hand out this letter. We are happy to provide resources and information, just contact us.
- Employees (be it one, some, or all) opt to participate by donating each pay – as much or as little as they like.
- The employer deducts the donation from the participating employees' gross pay and deposits the donation in UNICEF’s bank account with a remittance slip detailing the amount paid, the date of deposit, and your business’s name and
Bank: ANZ National Bank of New Zealand Ltd.
Account Number: 01-0505-0463764-00
Account Name: UNICEF NZ
- UNICEF sends e-newsletters (if requested) with stories about how Payroll Gifts are helping kids. Employees can also check our website for news and stories from children around the world.
*The only requirement is that your business files its monthly employer schedules and PAYE income payment forms (EMS(IR348) and EDF(IR345)) electronically using ir-File. If your business does not have this payment scheme, you may like to make a one-off or regular donation.
Give a gift that does good!Bring joy to your loved ones and smiles to kids who don't have much at all with an Inspired Gift like pencils or family water kits. Give an Inspired Gift!
- 15 May 2013 Cities for Children to Grow: Child Friendly Cities
- 15 May 2013 Scams Using UNICEF's Name
- 14 May 2013 2.4 Billion People Will Lack Improved Sanitation in 2015