Click images to enlarge
Reshmi Prabhu (12) in cotton field in Bijanegere Village, India. The three girls all worked in the fields, but with help from UNICEF they were enrolled in school for the first time last year.
© UNICEF/INDA2010-00056/Graham Crouch
The General Fund allows us to use your donation where it is most needed.Donate to UNICEF's General Fund now using the form on the right.
You may help to put a young girl working all day in cotton fields in India into school instead, where she deserves to be. You could help a child soldier recover from trauma in the Congo. You may help to build a water pump in a village in Tanzania, or you may help us to support and protect an AIDS orphan in Papua New Guinea.
Whatever the situation, we can assure you that your donation will go to help children who need help most, supporting long-term sustainable projects.
Big or small, your donation makes a difference!
- $15 can provide 20 packets of high energy biscuits specially developed for malnourished children.
- $32 can provide exercise books for 50 children who might never have been to school before.
- $75 can provide basic surgical equipment to one hospital lacking adequate medical amenities.
- $95 can provide vaccines for 200 children in India to stop them contracting measles, a deadly disease.
- $200 can provide 18 treated nets to protect 73 kids in the Republic of Congo against malaria.
- $530 can supply half a tonne of UNIMIX porridge to malnourished children in Somalia.
- $1000 can provide a 24 square meter tent to be used as an emergency shelter or temporary classroom if a natural disaster occurs.
See how we're using donations to affect the lives of kids, in our Stories From the Field. And did you know you can claim a tax rebate on your donation?
Join us, using the donation form on the right - together we can make a huge impact!