Click images to enlarge
Wendy and Rod raised $2,915 to save children affected by the Horn of Africa Famine in 2011. How? By asking for donations instead of gifts at their wedding! What a fabulous couple.
Become a Champion!It’s fantastic that you're interested in fundraising for children. Did you know that UNICEF receives no funding from the UN and relies a 100% on voluntary contributions from people like you?
So no matter how big or small, your fundraising can make a huge impact on the lives of children all around the world.
Fundraising can be great fun and rewarding. Here's some info to help you get started.
Fundraising IdeasTake a look at our inspirational ideas and A-Z of fundraising events to get your creative juices flowing.
Getting startedHave an idea but not sure how to proceed? Here're a few helpful tips to get you going and ideas on how to make your own donation box.
Set up your online Fundraising pageWith your very own Champions page, you can collect donations online - not just at your event! This means that people who can't attend your event can still donate. And it means that you can collect funds before and after the big day!
- Visit UNICEFChampions.org.nz
- Create your own personalised page by clicking on 'Be a Champion'
- Choose a UNICEF project you'd like to fundraise for, e.g. Africa Food Crisis or General Fund. The money you raise will go towards the project you select
- Personalise your page by uploading photos and adding a bit about yourself
- Share the link to your page on your facebook page, on twitter, add it to your email signature...the more people you tell, the better.
- It's safe and secure for people to donate on your Champion page.
media and publicityThe local media can help make your event a great success. Look at our media and publicity guide for tips and tricks.
How we can help YouWe are happy to help you make your event a success. We can provide:
- Pictures for your donation box
- Pictures/posters for you to promote your event (or look on our website or facebook page)
- Sponsorship forms
- Template press release
- Videos and powerpoints to show at your event
- Official UNICEF collector lanyards
- Plastic bags for coin collections.
Transferring your funds to UNICEFThere are 2 ways you can do this.
1. Transfer the funds UNICEF NZ’s bank account.
Bank: ANZ National Bank of New Zealand Ltd.
Account Number: 01-0505-0463764-00
Account Name: UNICEF NZ
Particulars: FR 'Your Name'
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the date you submit your fundraising and what appeal you want your money to go to (e.g. Africa Food Crisis).
2. Write a cheque to UNICEF NZ and post it to us. Remember to include a note saying what appeal you want your money to go to, and how you fundraised.
Get in touchWe'd love to hear from you - please share your experiences and photos with us. Email email@example.com or call 0800 243 575.
Give a gift that does good!Bring joy to your loved ones and smiles to kids who don't have much at all with an Inspired Gift like pencils or family water kits. Give an Inspired Gift!
- 22 May 2013 UNICEF concerned about reports of children trapped in Qusayr
- 15 May 2013 Cities for Children to Grow: Child Friendly Cities
- 15 May 2013 Scams Using UNICEF's Name